Sunday, February 9, 2014

First appointment

We had our first doctor visit on January 22, 2014.  We both took off work in the middle of the day, made it there on time and it took them about an hour to see us (which was fine with me - it's still a break from work).  We turned in all the paperwork and finally got called to go inside, where we went straight to the ultrasound.  It was AMAZING.  Side note: I am using an app on my phone that tells me what's going on weekly with the baby like size, what's developing, how I should be feeling, etc.  So this week it said it was the size of a cherry.  I am expecting to see a little blob and turns out it's already got arms and legs!  I was very surprised!  I was, however, already ten weeks along so of course there was significant development.  The technician ended up waking baby during the ultrasound and we saw it move around it's itty bitty body, it was adorable.  Afterwards, we talked to the nurse who informed me I would be drawing blood - panic attack ensues - then the OB walks in while I'm crying, which was a lovely first impression.  For those that don't know, I have an abnormal, irrational fear of needles.  People usually have to hold me down while I cry irrationally.  I handled it ok - I cried while she did it, and after, but I think that's improvement.  Anyway, we love the OB and were elated to have our first picture of baby.  Next appointment is February 22!  (Where we may find out the sex!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment